Rajiv Plastics Invests $7 Million in the New Surangi Site
Indian masterbatch producer Rajiv Plastic Industries invested in a new facility in Surangi (Silvassa) just before the pandemic. Spreads over 5-acre land parcel with a built-up area of 60,000 sq. ft, Surangi site has been opened with the whole masterbatch machinery shifted from the old Dadra unit to the new and much bigger plant.
“We have invested about $7 million in the new Surangi site, opened about 2 years ago just when the pandemic hit the country. Now, we have two masterbatch manufacturing facilities at Pune & Surangi, while the old Dadra unit is now engaged in the new vertical of plastic recycling,” informed Hemant Minocha, Director, Rajiv Plastic Industries.
Rajiv has installed several new production lines at their new Surangi (Silvassa, India) plant and a complete state-of-the-art ZSK 58 line from Coperion (Germany) for the production of speciality black masterbatches / concentrates and compounds.
“The combined capacity of both the units was 45,000 MTPA split evenly, but with the installation of new Coperion line at the new shed, additional 6,000 MTPA capacity would be added, making the total installed capacity reaching to the 51,000 MTPA.”
Mumbai headquartered company, has also confirmed entering the liquid colour concentrate space to meet the rising demand from PET and PVC industry besides customers demanding small volume colorant quantities for engineering & commodity plastics. “Colour matching of liquids are a fairly simple and quick process as we have most monos ready for it and it gives us the upper hand on quick turnarounds as compared to our competitors.”
Established in 1978, Rajiv Plastics is one of India’s oldest and Asia’s leading colour & additive masterbatch and polymer compound manufacturers. The company claims to provide an advanced level of solutions to the plastic processing industry’s ever changing and challenging needs.
“We are using the latest technologies in machinery, R&D, and materials coupled with a wealth of talent and experience to deliver the finest products. As part of further bolstering our R&D work, a lab scale Continuous Mixer FCM-12 has also been purchased for highly filled materials / masterbatches.”
Rajiv Plastics has recently introduced and plans to showcase at K Show the special effect glass or stone look alike dry-blend masterbatches, which require no carrier resin and are to be directly added to the polymer of choice and premixed and then injection moulded, extruded to create attractive surface finishes that look like real stone and granite for many household products and stationery items.
Rajiv entered the export market in 1994, now exports 45% of its production to customers spread over 50 countries, operating directly or thru network of distributors, with considerable part of its overseas shipments goes to the markets of North America and Africa.
When asked if the new lines at Surangi further hikes exports, Hemant Minocha added, “The installation of new line will not impact export figures as it will remain pegged at 45% level with remaining 55% serves the domestic market. We have experienced surge in domestic demand and the new line will help us in fulfilling our domestic commitments.”
Specialising in color & additive masterbatches for commodity plastics, engineering, polymer compounds and alloys, pre-colored engineering compounds, the domestic clientele on the commodity side includes Supreme, Neelkamal, FMCG side, Unilever, PNG and in the automotive sector VW, Mahindra & Tata.
#modernplasticsindia #plasticmagazine #indianmagazine #indianplasticmagazine #modernplasticsaward #ginujoseph #modernplastic #plasticindia #plasticnews #plasticrecycling #modernplasticsglobalnetwork #modernglobalnetwok #modernplasticsaward2022 #PlasticIndustry